Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Criss Cross Basket Tutorial


This is my first Tutorial....I've been wanting to do one for some time now and I thought why not tonight!!! The finished size is 2 x 2' Square, a perfect size for one egg or a few small goodies! I added three wrapped Hershey's nuggets to my basket, that's what I had on hand. You could really make it any size you'd like, just make sure you start out with a square that can be scored into 3 equal parts and you're good to go.


Supplies

  • Fiskar Paper Cutter/Scorer
  • Stamps: Non Stampin Up Bunny, All Year Cheer II
  • Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Gable Green, Pretty in Pink and Retired Stampin' Up Designer Paper
  • Ribbon: 1/4" Pretty in Pink Ribbon
  • Adhesive: Sticky Strip
  • Punches: 1 1/4", 1 3/8" Circle, Scallop
  • Ink: Bashful Blue, Black Stazon
  • Markers: Close to Coco, Barely Banana, Gable Green and Yoyo Yellow
  • Dimensionals
(I used pink cardstock for the example photos)

1. Cut 6x6" square of Bashful Blue Cardstock & cut handle 1/2" x 8"

2. Score at 2" & 4", turn cardstock and repeat. At this point your score lines should like like the photo below.


    3. Using the Fiskar paper cutter, cut each of the corners off (see photo)





4. Cut into the 2 score-lines on one side of the basket. Repeat in the opposite side (see photo)





5. Trim end flaps to about 3/4" (see photo). If you're going to stamp any images on the basket itself, you would do this now.




6. Fold all score lines. Flip basket over so you're looking at the "outside". Place sticky strip on both the 3/4 side flaps. (Blue squiggly lines in photo)





7. Place sticky strip on the inside o the other criss-cross flaps and press the flaps into place.


8. I used sticky strip to attach some 1/4" pink ribbon to my handle before adhering the handles to the inside of the basket. You can use sticky strip or glue dots to adhere the handles to the basket.

9. I stamped my bunny onto whisper white cardstock and punched it out with my 1 1/4" circle punch. I punched a 1 3/8" circle out of pretty in pink cardstock. Then punched out 2 scallops out of gable green cardstock. I layered those up together and placed 2 dimensionals on the end of the basket. Then added the scallop piece.



Basket is complete! Now let your imagination go wild.....the sky is the limit. I hope you have fun making one. Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

What a great way to show where the score-lines are. SMART! Love that little basket; thanks for sharing the how-to :0) Mel

Related Posts with Thumbnails