Sunday, April 13, 2008

When Life Gives You Lemons.....

I haven't posted for a few days as the "Lemon" tree in the backyard decided to drop all it's lemons in one day! I'm sure your wondering how a lemon tree can even survive a ND winter.....I've come to realize in life anything is possible!! So, this week I've lived the saying "When Life Gives You Lemons, make lemonade!"


  • My "new" hairdresser decided I looked better with Pink Passion/Ruby Red Hair.....(my husband said "Maybe that is suppose to be your new Stampin' Up color combination) I wasn't thrilled....but after a few days of my kids saying "Why is your hair pink, Mom?" I realized it can be fixed and turn out better then I could have hoped for! My next questions is how can we duplicate it without going Pink first?

  • My youngest daughter must have decided with all of mom's hair drama that she should become a hairdresser. She chopped off her hair on one half of her head. (She's a flower girl in a wedding in July, should be interesting). The crazy and sad thing about it was....it took me two days to realize it was her hair!!! My son came up with hair all over his winter gloves, (his new fetish, he won't take them off!!!) and I asked where did you get the hair from? He didn't know, so I asked where were you? He said downstairs in my craft room....this should have been a clue, except in a baggie I had my oldest daughter's hair from when she played beautician at age 3 also, in the closet in with my scrapbook stuff I've been saving. He pointed to it, so I let it go. My youngest daughter has curly out of control hair....so it wasn't until I put her hair up did I realize, it was half gone. I said "What happened?" She replied real quiet.....I cut it!


  • I found out my mom is having "MAJOR" back surgery, without this surgery she could become paralyzed. I've gone through all the emotions this week trying to get a handle on how I feel about this. My mom is my everything, she is my rock! It is hard not to be there for her as she is thousand of miles away, at their winter home in Arizona. The doctor says if she drives home any little bump could be life changing, something that they may not be able to fix. With many prayers and good connections (Thanks Nancy), we got her into a fantastic surgeon in California....he's one of the best in the United States. Now I just pray for no turbulence on the plane ride and that surgery goes well!! (May 12th)

So, here is my little Lemon inspired card...."Life is what happens when your busy making other plans." I love that saying, I'll be sending this card to mom tomorrow in hopes to lighten her day. (The picture of her grown up daughter with pink hair, should also help!)





Project Supplies: Tart & Tangy & Full of Life Stamp Set, Green Galore, Yo Yo Yellow, Basic Black and Whisper White Cardstock, SU Ribbon, SU Black Brads, Cuttlebug Dotted Emboss Folder, Dimensionals, Corner Punch and Mat Pack.

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

I like your layout and the bright cheery colors.

Sorry to hear about your mother I will keep your family in my prayers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails