Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ahoy Matey!

When my daughter started to plan her Birthday Party we were thinking about a boy/girl party (Ashton's kindergarten class is 80% boys) and we wanted a theme that both boys and girls could enjoy. Things changed when we found out we were moving the day after her party so we decided to mix a Birthday Party and Farewell Party into one and just have girls. (Making my job easier I went from 24 kids to 9 girls) Everyone had a blast, the Mom's included!! I am proud to finally be done with her scrapbook page tonight!!

The girls enjoyed*:
  • Visiting the Musical Islands
  • Diving for Treasure in the Bubbling Sea (AKA Hot Tub)
  • Walking the plank
  • Buried Treasure Hunt
  • Making There own Treasure Chests

*This is what is written inside the Treasure Chest. I saw this treasure chest on Kirsten's web site Confessions of a Nighttime Stamper and I knew I just had to use it on my scrapbook page and turn it into a journal box. I also added in an extra necklace from the party. Another element that is hard to see, is the Rhinestone brads I added in the treasure chest on the opposite page. I love the dimension it adds to the page along with the magic mesh. Enjoy!










Project Supplies: Ahoy Matey Stamp Set, Matey's Map Jumbo Wheel, Cricut Paper Doll & Base Camp Cartridges, Hobby Lobby Gold Coin Stickers, Stampin Up Rhinestones (Inside the treasure chest), Magic Mesh (Netting), SU Ticket and Circle Punches, and Misc. Items from the party.

5 comments:

Linda McClain said...

What adorable pages. She will treasures these forever (ooops, pun intended).

Anonymous said...

Love the layouts Melissa! I tried to link you on my site but wasn't able to?

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! Great job on the layouts. My daughter is turning 5 at the end of May, so we are discussing what she wants to do for her party. Thanks for some great ideas.
God Bless
Catherine M

Giovana said...

Your pages are great!!!
Your daughter looks very happy, that is the most impostant thing!!

God bless
Giovana

Anonymous said...

These are so cute! Great layouts!

My dd will be 12 on 5/2...time goes by so fast!

Related Posts with Thumbnails