Friday, August 29, 2008

My Mummy

I saw this idea somewhere and I thought these mummy treat holders would be a fun gift for the kids at school or serve as festive table decoration. They are really simple to make, which is a good thing as I have to make 40!


To make these this is what you'll need:
  • Toilet tissue tubes
  • White Paper
  • Clear Packing tape
  • Roll of 2-inch wide gauze
  • Craft Glue (I used glue dots)
  • Googly eyes
  • Small Candies (I would use different stuff then what I put in them...this is all I had on hand)

For each holder, trace one end of the empty tissue tube onto a piece of white paper, then cut out the circle, making it slightly smaller than your trace line. (If you fold the paper into a few layers, you can cut out several circles at once.) Cut the tube in half (you can make two holders per tube) and tape the paper circle to the bottom of each one. Wrap a 2 to 2 1/2 strip of gauze around the tube, first taping the beginning of the gauze to the tube. Gently stretch and twist the gauze as you wrap it to give it some dimension. When you've covered the tube, cut the gauze and tuck the end under a nearby layer. Finally, glue on googly eyes (or use self-adhesive kind), then fill the mummy with candy treats. Enjoy!



1 comment:

Lori A. said...

Very cute!! I will have to try this...we use plenty of tp in this house! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails