Friday, January 18, 2008

Finally Motivated...

Well after talking all week about getting this "Ice Cream" theme basket done for Ashton's school, I finally went downstairs and started working on it. For those of you that don't know what I am talking about, Ashton's school is doing a fundraiser, something they do every year. Each classroom has a theme for baskets that they will be putting together, Ashton's class has the"Ice Cream" theme. I've had a few ideas brewing in my head for a couple weeks.....I of course couldn't do the simple "Go to the grocery store and buy some sprinkles, toppings, ice cream scoop and throw it in a basket." Nope I had to come up with something out of the box......I really wanted to cover a mini notebook, pen and do some note cards, but had a hard time figuring out how I was going to tie everything together. I knew I had two great "ice cream" (Retired) stamp sets that haven't been used in ages, Sweet Treats and Perfect Party. This began my quest.....I went shopping for ideas, finally the Dollar Tree turned into my inspiration. I found 4 different varieties of Baskin Robbin's Ice Cream flavored Candies, Choco Fudge Mallow Sundae Candy Bag, adorable yellow ice cream shaped cup with a straw that wraps around it, a large chocolate bar (which I covered) and a cute lime green basket. Now I'm proud to say the chocolate bar is covered and I have to begin work on the other items to fill the basket. My good friend, Missy also came up with the idea of adding a cute gift card holder for a local ice cream store....what a great idea!! Now I can't stop the ideas from flowing! Anyway, I hope you enjoy the sneak peek!


Project Supplies: Large Chocolate Candy Bar, Canvas background Stamp, Cuttlebug & Swirl Embossing Folder, Ticket & Circle Punch, Perfect Party Stamp Set (Retired), Chocolate Chip Wide Ribbon (Retired), Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Close to Coco, Whisper White Cardstock, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Creamy Carmel, Chocolate Chip and Close to Coco ink pads, and I can't forget sticky strip and dimensionals.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails