Sunday, February 17, 2008

It's All About Details

"We think in generalities, but we live in detail"- Alfred North Whitehead


Today's card was inspired by something I saw in Splitcoast mixed with an article out of my Stampin' Up Success Magazine on details. The detail I am showing off is Dyeing Ribbon with markers. Something I have never thought about, but wow....turns out really cool. It is hard to really see the ribbon in the picture, this card looks so much better in person. (I'll be making a dozen of these to have on hand for Birthday's) To dye ribbon use either tip of the marker to color the ribbon. You can create a pattern in any color to add custom details that coordinate with your project. I used my pumpkin pie marker to dye the edge of the white ribbon, very easy to do. To get a clean line when coloring just the edge of the grosgrain ribbon, turn the ribbon over. The edge of the ribbon is raised on the back, or wrong side, of the ribbon, allowing you more control as you ink the ribbon.



Project details: Birthday Whimsy stamp set, Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White and Tempting Turquoise cardstock & Ink, Cuttlebug, Bali Breeze Designer Paper, Dimensionals, Gold Cord, Yellow Stickles, White Ribbon, Pumpkin Pie Marker and Window Punch. Card size is 5 1/2 x 5/12


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails